Friday, October 05, 2007

 

Catching Up & WEGL Stuff

Jesus, it's been a really long time. It's been even longer since I've had a non-leaked-CD-related post, so I hope this one will be worth your time.

I've been getting behind on posting pictures on this blog and have instead been using Facebook which is such a shortcut, really. Sorry about that. I've got no classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I'm designating those as my blog days. I'm going to try and post at least twice a week from now until I get lazy again, so be on the lookout for some zany shit.

WEGL Stuff



Holy shit! The radio station has been getting better all the time since the beginning of the semester. We've got so many new folks on board with the WEGL it's unbelievable. The only bad thing is that of these new people there are a few folks that play really bad music like Against Me! and shit like that. The good news is that of this same group we have TWO big band/swing shows, plenty of classic rock shows, Kevin's show, Mosman's show, all the regulars are still there more-or-less, and "The EZ D & A.O.B. Show" which is fucking great.

Here's the next big thing and if you like the idea you are more-than-welcomed to participate:

Since the beginning of the summer I have become addicted to conservative talk radio. I can't help myself, I have to scratch that fuckin' itch each and every day. It started back in June when I was coming back from dropping the folks off at the Atlanta Airport. On the way home, I ran out of FM signal in Atlanta, so just for the fun of it I switched to AM and began scanning. That's when I found Rush. I had never listened to Rush Limbaugh before, so I thought "this'll be funny" and listened to the whole fuckin' show without even realizing it. Never in my life had I been so filled with such a profound sense of righteous indignation. This wasn't just regular righteous indignation, no, it was sustained. Next up after Rush was Sean Hannity, and, same thing, just constantly pissed-off for hours on end. It's a hurts-so-good kinda deal.

Rush and Sean were bad enough, but then I found Michael Savage. Holy shit, if you've never listened to Savage before, I urge you to do so. The show airs on NewsTalk 1400 WANI on AM and they simulcast WANI on FM in Auburn at 98.7 FM. Savage is on from 7-10 PM Monday through Friday. This guy is just constantly pissed and depressed and homophobic and self-conscious and racist and dumb all at the same time. It's fantastic. The thing that I've learned from listening to all of this is that these people have no script, no talking points, nothing. They simply sit down, cut on the mics, and go for three hours and in those three hours crazy stupid shit comes out of their mouths and it's glorious.

I couldn't explain my love for Conservative talk radio or justify it in any way. That is, until last Wednesday. Mosman and I have come up with the next big thing for WEGL 91.1 FM.

The Conservative Talk Radio Show

I'd love to make this happen. I'd love to write out a script for this, get my Limbaugh impression down, and then spend an hour or so blaming things that are beyond anyone's control (wildfires, hurricanes, celebrity deaths, etc.) on Hillary Clinton. We'd use Rush's phrases like "the drive-by's" (which is the shorthand version of "the drive-by media") and Michael's phrases like "the gay fascists" oh, glory, this will be fun. The best part is that since we're doing extreme conservative stereotypes, we can do extreme liberal stereotypes too. We need a guy who's milking the welfare state to call in, we need a guy who is a Unitarian and works at Planned Parenthood and every once in awhile will stop in mid-conversation and say "You'll have to excuse me, my glasses are fogging up". With this premise, the limits are none.

posted by Rivers  # 2:42 PM
Comments:
lolz i wanna be a guest on yr show
trent k
 
lame.
 
so much fer this bloggy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Links from Hell

Phoenix Rivers Archives

August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   March 2007   May 2007   July 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   May 2008  

free web counter
web counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?