Tuesday, January 11, 2005

 

William Blake Would Be Proud



"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is: Infinite."

-William Blake, from The Marriage of Heaven and Hell

I'm sure that everyone is familiar with this statement which is so often uttered by fans of The Doors and other people who have no idea what the fuck they're talking about. Don't get me wrong, I like The Doors as much as the next guy, I just assume that most of the people that listen to The Doors and know of this quote assume that it's about taking drugs, and thus are using it incorrectly. They should be thrown in jail with the rest of America's scum.

Anyway, the reason I bring it up is because I recently found a ridiculously bad ass collection of Acid Jazz and Psychedelic Soul called
The Doors of Perception: Psychedelic Soul and Acid Jazz From New York City 1970-1974

Therefore, it's time once again for a Thurday Album, I know it's only Tuesday, but I'm so excited about this one, I'm putting it out early. For anyone who likes Jazz, Soul, Funk, or just good music in general, this is the collection for you. Unfortunately I've yet to find entire albums from many of these artists on SoulSeek. I guess this OUTSTANDING collection will have to do for now. So without further ado, Phoenix Rivers presents:



1. Fatback Band- Goin' To See My Baby
2. Dizzy Gillespie- Matrix
3. Madhouse- Get Some of This
4. Wanda Robinson- A Possibility Back Home
5. David Bartel- Naturally Good
6. Julius Brockington- Rock Steady
7. James Moody- Heritage Hum
8. Larry Young- Alive
9. Black Ivory- Surrender
10. Adam Wade and Johnny Tate- Brother
11. Shirly Horn- Consequences
12. The Fatback Band- Fatbackin'
13. The Eight Minutes- I Can't Get Enough
14. David Bartel- Summer in the City
15. The Brockingtons- I Just Got To Know
16. Benny Johnson- Stop Me
17. Debbie Taylor- Too Sad To Tell
18. The Exciters- Life, Love, and Peace
19. Dizzy Gillespie- Alligator

Hope you all enjoy this exquisite collection of tunes. I guess I'll take this time to announce that I'm discontinuing "Rivers' Friday Music". This simply due to the fact that I will not have any guarenteed access to a computer on Fridays this semester due to the fact that I don't have class and will not be in Montevallo where my computer is. Perhaps it will become "Rivers' Thursday Music". We'll just have to see. I'm running out of stuff, so I think I'm quitting Weenday as well. However, if I do find anything Ween related that's worth listening to, I'll be sure to post it.

That's all.


posted by Rivers  # 9:30 PM
Comments:
I saw Brain smoking a bowl in the Kroger parking lot the other day.
 
I know, he's out somehow. I don't know how, but he's slithered his way through the hands of authority once again.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Links from Hell

Phoenix Rivers Archives

August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   March 2007   May 2007   July 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   May 2008  

free web counter
web counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?