Tuesday, January 04, 2005

 

The Drive-By Tishamingo All-Stars



Good God. Due to said computer troubles, I have a lot of catching up to do with this website. So, without further adieu, here are the pictures that I snapped from my front row position at the Tishamingo, Drive-By Truckers, and North Mississippi All-Stars concert that Matt, Conor, Chandler, Sean and I attended way the hell back on November 26th of LAST YEAR.

Tishamingo:









Tishamingo's bassist looks kind of like a 30 year old Rod V.



In one of the biggest highlights of the evening, Tishamingo invited Wildman Steve on stage to jam out with them on his washboard. Watching Wildman Steve jamming live is religious experience. If you've yet to have this experience, get off your ass and start going to as many shows as you can. You might get lucky like I did.

The Drive-By Truckers:

Wowsers, what a band! Going into the concert I could only name one DBT song. Coming out of the show, I still could only name two or three (this due to some intense sing-along action), but what I heard inside The B&A Warehouse that night made me a fan for life. Next time they're about, I encourage everyone to see the Drive-By Truckers.

















Matt was diggin' it.



Conor was feeling stoic.



Chandler was in the mood to move to the left three feet GOD DAMMIT!

I actually didn't take any pictures of the North Mississippi All-Stars. After Drive-By I gave up my position in the front row to a guy who was too metrosexual for comfort.



I retreated to the rear of the venue where Conor lay in wait.

All be damned if Conor and I didn't sit back there for a good three hours listening to North Mississippi. We had to leave Birmingham before the show was over because at 2:45 AM North Mississippi was still showing no signs of slowing down and dammit I had to drive back to Auburn that night.

Oh shit, the ride home was hellatious. I hate to even think back on it. I wouldn't wish that drive on my worst enemy. Nothing happened, I was just dangerously and painfully tired.

Now, what I haven't told you about this adventure is that Richard, who opted to stay in Auburn due to a lack of funds, had been calling us sporadically throughout the night and insisting that we come over to his house after the show seeing as how his birthgivers were nowhere to be found.

After dropping off Sean and Chandler at 5:15 AM, the remaining members of the party went over to Richard's house. We cautiously proceeded inside, very much expecting to find a sleeping Richard somewhere in the vicinity. It was much to our surprise when an frighteningly energetic Richard popped out from a room to the right of the door we had just come in. From the appearance of the house, there was definitely some partying which had taken place in our absence. We told Richard of our wild tales, then he shared tales from his night as well.



It was about then that we decided the time for some sunrise hamburgers had come.



While we waited for the burgers to cook Richard, Matt, and I frolicked in the crisp pre-dawn air.



Then, noticing a very large and somewhat mysterious cigarette ash stain on his porch, Richard declared it to be clean-up time.

We ate hamburgers with the dawn. The feeling was incredible. Then I slept until the next night.

A Quick Culinary Tip: For a damn good cheeseburger, use Havarti cheese.

posted by Rivers  # 1:21 AM
Comments:
I love the "frighteningly energetic" description. It made me LOL.
 
Thanxxx Buddy. I love you too!
 
Roflcopter
 
You Gay
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Links from Hell

Phoenix Rivers Archives

August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   March 2007   May 2007   July 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   May 2008  

free web counter
web counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?