Monday, November 01, 2004

 

A Halloweekend to Remember



This weekend certainly lived up to its potential, except for the part where I got an ulcer on the cornea of my eye, but I'll get to that later. This weekend was not only Halloween weekend, but also Syrup Soppin weekend in 'Poka.



This means that for an entire day Highway 14 begins to look like the road to Bonnaroo. Minus the doped-up hippies peeing on the side of the road, of course, but it was close.



On my way into the Syrup Soppin' Festival, I passed by this roaming gang of Kerry sign-wielding merry pranksters. Check out Miles' new sword. Cool huh? No? Oh, okay.



Let the Soppin' begin!



Burgeoning entrepreneur R.C. had a booth at the Syrup Soppin' where he sold his hemp and wood products, as well as various arts and crafts items that he bought in "Mexico" also known as "Pier 1" and "Wal-Mart". R.C. is a genius for exploiting the fact that people will buy anything if they think it's "exotic" in any way. Way to go R.C.!

BIG NEWS: I have no idea how, but PRESTON IS BACK. As you may know, after attending a recent String Cheese Incident concert in Asheville, North Carolina, Preston made the decision to stay behind while the rest of his group made their way back to Auburn.



That was over a week ago. Somehow, Preston got back to Auburn.



Three hundred and sixteen miles! How? How did he get back? It's amazing. Preston is a living breathing mystery. Anyway, he's alive. Welcome back buddy!

I hung around R.C.'s booth for awhile, then decided my time at the Sop was done. I grabbed a Kerry/Edwards yard sign, and began to walk back to my car. As I walked, I heard a sweet old lady scream out "Go Bush, Go!".

The conversation, if you can call it that, went like this:

Her: Go Bush, Go!
Me: Why?
Her: Why Not?
Me: Well, if you don't like your job or any civil liberties, then go ahead.

Them, it happened, she said "Fuck You!" Imagine that, an old lady said "Fuck You" to me. It was a high point in my life faux schizzle.

After my little run-in with the She-Hitler of the geriatric population of "Bush Country", I went back into town in order to think about putting together my Halloween costume for the festivities of the upcoming evening. After a couple of hours I decided to dress up as Buckethead.



I figured that this would be the easiest costume in the world to assemble. As it turns out, it wasn't. The problem is that there were no Michael Myers masks ANYWHERE in Auburn. The thing is, I'd be one thing if the name of the movie wasn't HALLOWEEN, but it fucking is, so that shit's inexcusable. Also, I thought I had a wig at my house. It turns out I don't. Well, I got the bucket ($.27) and some white and black face paint ($1.08) from The Dollar Tree, and did the best I could for the time frame I was given and for a budget such as mine.



The results were mixed, but who cares? At least I did something for Halloween.



The only other people that were dressed up the whole night were Jack and Trent. I think Viviana was dressed up but I saw it not.

At some point my face started itching so, instead of dealing with a bunch of shitty make-up for the rest of the night, I went to the bathroom and wiped it off.



The results were quite hilarious if I do say so myself.



Miles clutching Jack's new kitten, "Achilles". I think this is my favorite picture that I've ever taken.





That cat was awesome, by the way.

After the party came to a close, I dropped off Richard, Conor, and other selected members of the Cary Woods crew.



On my way out of Cary Woods, I saw some deer in somebody's yard. I sure could've used a gun at that moment. That would've been a lot of awesome meat. But, alas, I'm lacking a firearm at the moment. Tisk, tisk.

Well, the night ended and I went home.

Yesterday morning, my eye felt a little irritated, like there was an eyelash stuck on my eyeball or something. After washing my eye out in the shower I realized that something in my eye was fucked up. I determined that when I was putting on the Buckethead make-up I must've scratched my cornea. I took out my contacts and went about my day, but by the time I returned home last night to go to sleep, I was in horrible pain.



I went to bed with one crackhead eye.

This morning I decided that I had to go see the doctor. As it turns out the initial scratch was infected and had become an ulcer. I HAVE AN ULCER ON MY EYE! How bad does that suck?

I got some antibiotics and other stuff, but it's still really not fun.





It's gotten a little bit better today since I got the medicine, but not by much.

This sucks.

Coming Soon: Weenday

posted by Rivers  # 3:31 PM
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Links from Hell

Phoenix Rivers Archives

August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   March 2007   May 2007   July 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   May 2008  

free web counter
web counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?