Thursday, November 18, 2004

 

Dammit



I'm sure that everyone has heard about this by now, but just in case you haven't, here's what happened:

As Conor and I rolled down street Friday night, we decided to go to Wal-Mart for some food. All of a sudden while passing the Goo Goo carwash, a car whipped out in front of us. I tried to swerve into the left lane to avoid him, but, alas, it was too little too late.



The other car struck my vehicle with just enough force to fuck it up completely. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to make the wreck very radical. I had always assumed that my first real full-on car crash would be more epic than what it was.



That's it. There was a little two or three foot post-impact power slide. That's all. It was very upsetting. To compensate for my disappointment, I told quite a few people that we flipped over into a ditch. It wasn't true. Sorry.

After the crash myself and the other driver pulled into the nearby Dyas Toyota car lot. Expecting the worst, I pulled out my 9 and walked over to the other car. To my surprise, I knew the other driver all too well. I won't say his name for the sake on anonymity, but it begins with "J" and ends with "Osh Taylor". Surprisingly, neither of us was extremely angered by the situation. This begged the question as to whether or not we were both GELLIN', which, of course, we were.

We called 911 got the whole situation worked out, and now I'm gonna be driving this bad boy for the next month or so:



(While I was looking for a picture of the Honda Odyssey just now, I found this picture of my MINI-VAN with a fuckin' body kit on it. When will the madness stop? I'm serious. The Fast and the Furious was a shitty movie, and you are dumb if you do this to your car)

I'm rollin' (up to 8 passengers) deep in the '97 Honda Odyssey!

So, that was the basics of what happened. I'm not pissed about the wreck itself, just that I have to wait a month or more to get my car fixed. It was about time for something to happen to that car, it was too good anyway.



Later that night, Sean and I hit up Bruno's



Sean invested in the most spectacular sandwich know to humankind, "The Manhandler"; and manhandle him it did. Seaner was barely able to finish that beast of a sandwich.

So, that was the gist of my weekend: car crash and sandwich.







You know we might not have much here in Montevallo, but I'll be damned if we don't have have some awesome sunsets (thanks, pollution from Birmingham) and some crazy assshavers.

One last thing:



It's fucking legit.

posted by Rivers  # 3:54 PM
Comments:
Rivers, when are you coming home for Thanksgiving?
 
Tuesday dear friend, of course, I'll be here all weekend.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Links from Hell

Phoenix Rivers Archives

August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   March 2007   May 2007   July 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   May 2008  

free web counter
web counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?