Monday, August 30, 2004

 

The CPU Blues

Sorry for getting behind on my posting on here but I have a little problem. I don't have the fucking internet in my dorm room yet. That's right! None whatsoever. I'm actually sitting in a rather uncomfortable high-chair at Jazzman's Cafe here in Farmer's Hall on the campus of The University of Montevallo.

This morning I had to lug my computer all the way to the computer services building, just so they could tell me that it worked there, but not in my dorm. No shit, assholes! I know it fucking works here, I need it to work in my fucking dorm! I'm paying you a hell of a lot to go to school here. I know it doesn't work! There is nothing for me to learn from this situation. Fuck! It's not all that easy to carry all that shit just to be told something that you already know. You could've just sent some candyass computer monkey over to my dorm for ten seconds so he can tell me that my shit isn't working.

In other news, today was my first day of classes, all two of them. Those being Oral Communication (Speech) and World Literature II. I think that, because I'm a freshman in a typically sophomore class, the university purposely stuck me in the class with the stupidest ogre-lookin', business major, dumbfucks they could find. These people are sophomores and juniors, for the most part, and most of them are hideous. It's like living in the bowels of the Bastille circa 1752. I'm telling you, these people are so freakish. There's one guy with a HUGE jaw. Also, I should add, he talks about the same as a fifth grade girl would, no shit.

In spite of the mouth-breathing morons sitting around me, English class was great today. The first book that we will be reading is Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. I told my Professor, Dr. King, that I had already read the book, and she seemed amazed when I told her that I enjoyed it. The rest of the class seemed amazed that I was literate.

So, yeah that was my first day. Not eventful in any way. Okay, they're closing this place down, and I had to buy a nasty ass Sobe just so I could use their computer for five minutes. Ugh.

One Last Thing: You all must make it a point to visit the Live Journal of Richard P's T-Town roommate, Steven J. Pohuski. HE'S A FUCKING BALLERINA! Hahaha!

It's time to fly.

posted by Rivers  # 5:10 PM
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Links from Hell

Phoenix Rivers Archives

August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   March 2007   May 2007   July 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   May 2008  

free web counter
web counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?