Friday, August 13, 2004

 

The Heat Goes On



Well, apparently I haven't learned my lesson. I just can't leave well enough alone. So, what other choice do I have other than to start over from scratch. The answer is, none. I have no choice. You have no choice.

As for the name, which is spelled correctly, I'm not trying to be self-righteous or "pretentious" as some would say. I'm merely referring to what the good people at the Auburn Police Department called me back during "the good old days". This is a not so clever reference to the late actor River Phoenix, who was known for his drug use, in fact that's what did him in. Back in those days I had a reputation for being somewhat of a wild child. Yes, everyone, including the police, thought that I was on crack. I only found out about the name upon my pseudo-arrest for mooning cars, and filming it. Oh my God, there is totally a viscous cycle here. Whatever.

Anyway, I suppose that it's also relevant in relation to what happened to the last website, but I won't go in to that... Actually, I will. I don't understand what kind of dumbass wouldn't erase that site from their history IMMEDIATELY. If you have half-a-brain about you, and you're interested in self-preservation, don't even give mom or dad a chance to see that website. How can people be so dumb? I suppose it's possible...Milo.

The next two posts or so will be those that I wish to carry over from the old site. Those most-likely being Memoirs of Bonnaroo 2004 and The Tales of Brave Ulysses.

So, yeah. Um. I'm getting a new digital camera tomorrow. I have about $300 to work with. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I should get, please don't hesitate to leave me a comment with your name on it.

No pictures this time, but the next new post will probably regard my trip to The University of Montevallo's orientation celebration, and the hilarity that ensues.

Until then, here's some crazy pictures you might not have seen.



Some crazy headlights and stuff taken over Christmas break.



My favorite driver, Ian, takes me to Zaxby's over the winter holidays.



A picture of Justin F. taken sometime last summer.



Lastly we have, what is probably, my favorite picture EVER. Here is Sean looking more sinister than Shredder and Darth Vader combined.

Okay, Holla.

posted by Rivers  # 6:20 AM
Comments:
that first picture looks a lot like the cover to tv on the radio's new cd:

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drg200/g232/g23238lsvew.jpg

and welcome back, rivers.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Links from Hell

Phoenix Rivers Archives

August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   March 2007   May 2007   July 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   May 2008  

free web counter
web counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?